Monday, October 25, 2010

The Best Show You're Not Watching: Parenthood

Now I normally don't take the time out of this busy Oscar season to plug my favorite TV shows, particularly when there is an entire summer of Emmy coverage waiting on me. But after finally catching up with my DVR this past week, it hit me that there is one particular show on television that every week I can't wait to see. And that show is Parenthood. I want spend endless pages talking about its great qualities, because there is no need. To put it simply, the actors are great, the scripts for each week combine humor, drama, and reality into a way that really works, and together it is one of the most emotional, real, and connecting shows I have seen in a very long time. The ratings this season have been lower than the first, but I hope that NBC ignores those and looks at the quality of its progamming, and see that Parenthood is simply one of the best shows on television...period.

Oh and I am going to update the sidebar a little bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment