Thursday, March 17, 2011

Alfred and Darren Aronofsky

Two sad/disappointing pieces of news today.

  • First, the actor who Alfred in Tim Burton's Batman movies, actor Michael Gough, died at the age of 94 today. He had a career that spanned six decades and included many popular television and film projects. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
  • In a disappointing turn of events, Darren Aronofsky has declined to work on the Wolverine sequel due to the time commitment away from his family. While I completely understand the decision, and think it is probably the right one, considering his son is very young, I hate that he is no longer on the project. The first film was eh, and I was hoping that Aronofsky could save it. Here was his public statement: 
    • "As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox, it became clear that the production of 'The Wolverine' would keep me out of the country for almost a year. I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time. I am sad that I won't be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again."

No comments:

Post a Comment