Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sally Field is Mary Todd Lincoln

This rumor has been swirling around for years now, but there was never any official confirmation. The Hollywood Reporter (and of course the always wonderful Awards Daily) now says:

"“I’m excited to be working with Sally for the first time,” Spielberg said of the two-time Oscar winner. “I’ve admired her films, and she has always been my first choice to portray all the fragility and complexity that was Mary Todd Lincoln.”

The film, which centers on the political clashes between Lincoln and the officers of his cabinet, is based on the book Team of Rivals, by Doris Kearns Goodwin, which has been adapted for the screen by Tony Kushner. It will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Spielberg."

I think this is a wonderful idea because Field has always been an incredible actress. Yes she can get shrilly on the always over the top Brothers & Sisters, but with the right script (adapted from one of my personal favorite books - I am a history major, and eat that shit up), and director, Field could once again put herself in the Oscar race.

No comments:

Post a Comment