Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Emmy Nomination Predictions: Best Drama Series

My Predictions
Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Friday Night Lights
Game of Thrones
The Good Wife
Mad Men

Other Contenders - The Killing, Justified, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, House, The Walking Dead, Treme, Parenthood, The Borgias, Shameless, Blue Bloods, Grey's Anatomy, Harry's Law, In Treatment, The Closer.

Commentary - I have been going back and forth over which shows to choose, and after much thought, I think these six truly are the ones. There are three frontrunners for the prize, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, and The Good Wife. Mad Men could win, but there might be some fatigue, Boardwalk Empire's pizazz has faltered lately, and The Good Wife might be to procedural for voters. Dexter is not a safe as it once was, but I still think it will get in this year. Game of Thrones wasn't on my list, but after its incredible season finale, and its ever growing buzz, I think it now has the pedigree to get in, although it is not certain. Finally, I am hoping and therefore predicting that Emmy voters recognize the brilliance of Friday Night Lights, since it is now off the air, and give it a long overdue Emmy nomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment