Sunday, September 11, 2011

Emmy Predictions: Best Reality-Competition Program

Will Win - Top Chef
Should Win - Project Runway
Could Win - The Amazing Race, American Idol

Commentary - Last year, Top Chef broke The Amazing Race's streak, and became only the second show to actually win this award. While I think The Amazing Race is always going to be a competitor, I think last year's shocking upset shows that the Academy was ready to move on and honor different programs. I wish that the always entertaining Project Runway would get some recognition, but it doesn't stand a chance of its bigger and more popular competitors. I also think we should watch out for American Idol. It is the biggest show on television and has yet to win. Futhermore, despite all the changes this year, it still managed to be a ratings phenomenon. So while I don't think it will win, I would not discount it.

No comments:

Post a Comment