Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dueling Snow White Trailers

Next Year, we will see two different live-action updates of the classic tale of Snow White. Both seem to be going for completely different tones, which I think will play in their favor.

The first is Snow White and the Huntsman, which is dark, doesn't have dwarves, and is an action epic, with a dark-evil queen played by Charlize Theron. I think this one will go along the lines of Robin Hood, okay but not great, Theron playing her part well, Kristen Stewart underwhelming as usual.

The second is trying to capture the humor and charm of the Disney and Grimm originals. Julia Roberts plays the humorous and lively queen with Armie Hammer and Lily Collins playing the lovers. I actually think this looks better than the other, which I fear will turn out to take itself too seriously. To be honest this one looks like a hell of a lot of fun, which I think is the purpose of Snow White.

No comments:

Post a Comment