Saturday, February 18, 2012

Final Oscar Predictions: Animated Feature

Should Win/Will Win - Rango
Could Win - Puss in Boots

Commentary - I am still surprised that Tintin didn't make the cut, but I applaud the Academy for giving us a nice mix of popular, well-reviewed studio films, and small, quirky indie films. This makes the category seem whole even with the huge elephant in the room missing from the lineup. That being said, I really think that this one is easy to predict. Chico and Rita and A Cat in Paris will not have enough support across the board, and if the original coudn't win I don't think Kung Fu Panda 2 will either. Puss in Boots may have a lot of supporters, but I think that Rango, Gore Verbinski's quirky western, backed by the voices of Johnny Depp, and a team of stellar actors, will be tough to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment