Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tony Nomination Predictions: Best Musical

Predicted Nominees
Leap of Faith
Newsies
Nice Work If You Can Get It
Once

Other Contenders - Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, Ghost The Musical, Bonnie and Clyde, Lysistrata Jones

Commentary - I know I am probably dumb not to pick Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, but then again maybe it is a smart move. It never got great reviews, and it was so controversial, I honestly, just don't see Tony voters going for it, despite a majority of the major pundits feeling they will. Instead, in spot number four, I am going with Leap of Faith, maybe its not a newsmaker like Spiderman, but from what I here it is a better show. The other three at this moment, Newsies, Once, and Nice Work if You Can Get It are pretty much locks, with Newsies seemingly in the lead for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment