Thursday, June 28, 2012

2012 Emmy Nomination Predictions: Best Variety Series

2012 Nomination Predictions
1. The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
2. The Colbert Report
3. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
4. Saturday Night Live
5. Conan
6. Real Time with Bill Maher

Other Contenders - Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Chelsea Lately
Commentary - I am currently predicting the same lineup as last year, although there are a few contenders not in the top six that could come and upset the apple cart. Of the six predicted, I feel pretty confident about The Daily Show, who will probably win again, The Colbert Report, and SNL, even though it may have lost of its luster as of late. I am also pretty certain about Jimmy Fallon, who has had a good year, and had some huge publicity for his interview with the President (I am personally rooting for him this year, because as a Carolina senior, I was able to go to the filming of that particular episode). The last two slots are a little tricky. Conan was nominated last year, although many hadn't predicted it, so I don't expect anything less. A lot of people are looking at Jimmy Kimmel, which is not a bad choice, but, while Real Time has never been a big winner at the Emmys, it has been a constant nominee, and at this point, I'm just not ready to bet against it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Jon Stewart will triumph once again. I also think Fallon, SNL, Colbert, Conan and Craig Ferguson will get nominated.

    ReplyDelete