Sunday, September 9, 2012

2012 Emmy Predictions: Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Will Win - Kathryn Joosten "Desperate Housewives"
Could Win - Julie Bowen "Modern Family" or Kristen Wiig "SNL"
Should Win - Kristen Wiig
Commentary - This has become a competitive race with three women fighting it out for the top spot. If I could vote, I think that Kristin Wiig for her dedication and talent on her final season of Saturday Night Live, and that combined with her newfound movie star status could be enough. Julie Bowen has the funniest of submissions (although Mayim Bialik could be a spoiler), and in most years she would be the frontrunner. But this year there is Kathryn Joosten. She was such a wonderful character actor, and the last episode of DH,which she submitted is so sad with her death. Combine that with the fact that she dies in real life from the same thing that killed her character with the fact that she has won twice for this role, AND was a huge insider within the Academy, I think that this year, she will be hard to overcome. While not many actors have won Emmy posthulmously, I think that Joosten will be the exception to the rule.

1 comment:

  1. I have invented a saying which I call "pulling a Heath," when an actor wins an award posthumously, named after Heath Ledger of course. And I think Kathryn Joosten will do just that.

    ReplyDelete