Sunday, January 20, 2013

SAG Predictions: Best Actor and Actress in a Comedy Series

Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Will Win - Alec Baldwin "30 Rock"
Could Win - Eric Stonestreet "Modern Family"
Should Win - Jim Parsons "The Big Bang Theory" or Louis C.K. "Louie"
Commentary - I can't help but look at the other four nominees and have a wave of sadness at the fact that despite doing relatively well at the Emmys, none of these guys have taken home individual SAG awards. I love Alec Baldwin, and I understand the nostalgia of this year for 30 Rock fans (which is why I would not be mad if the show did well at this year's Emmys), but he has won now six years in a row, and I just don't see anyone stopping him from winning number 7. Although in some ways, I hope I am wrong.

Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Will Win - Betty White "Hot in Cleveland"
Could Win/Should Win - Amy Poehler "Parks & Recreation" and Sofia Vergara "Modern Family"
Commentary - A lot of people are thinking that this year, someone like Amy or Sofia beats the legendary Betty White. Their thought may be that Hot in Cleveland's initial SAG success quickly evaporated, and that with White missing the Emmy nod this year, maybe the industry is ready to move on. Maybe they are all right, but if I had to bet money, I wouldn't pick any other name than Betty White. She is a living legend, beloved my everyone (including me), she always gets standing ovations and gives great speeches. It would be nice to see someone different win every once in a while, but like those four or five years with Mariska Hargitay at the Emmys: I ain't jumpin ship until history stops repeating itself.

2 comments:

  1. Alec Baldwin is quite funny on 30 Rock, but I really like to see Parsons or C.K. win it ahead of him, because his continual wins verge on "oh no, not again!" factor. I am additionally a big Betty White fan and still really like her performance in Hot in Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alec Baldwin is quite funny on 30 Rock, but I really like to see Parsons or C.K. win it ahead of him, because his continual wins verge on "oh no, not again!" factor. I am additionally a big Betty White fan and still really like her performance in Hot in Cleveland.
    Best online Psychics

    ReplyDelete