Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Best of the Emmy Awards: Winners - Best Comedy Series

Winner - I Love Lucy

Runners Up - Seinfeld, Friends, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, All in the Family, Cheers

Commentary - In my mind, I kept bouncing back and forth between Friends and Seinfeld, Seinfeld and Friends. But in the end the choice was a lot easier than I though. Neither Seinfeld nor Friends, nor Mary Tyler Moore nor Cheers, nor Modern Family nor 30 Rock would be here today if it weren't for the initial and continued success of the original television classic I Love Lucy. It showed that women could be a force to reckon with in comedy, it still makes new generations laugh out loud, and it paved the way for so many other sitcoms. It also created some of the most memorable characters in pop culture history from Fred and Ethel to Lucy and Ricky. I Love Lucy is quite simply, the best.

2 comments:

  1. Even though I am a massive, rabid Seinfeld fan, it's nice to see I Love Lucy win it. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, it is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. It matches to my requirements a lot. Thank you for writing this information. bobs burgers season 9

    ReplyDelete