Sunday, April 28, 2013

Best of the Emmy Awards: Winners - Best Made for Television Movie

Winner - The Gathering Storm

Runners Up - Special Bulletin, Friendly Fire, Wit

Commentary - I'm sure that depending on which generation you belong to, you may prefer some of the classic TV Movies like Special Bulletin and Friendly Fire. But I was a 12 years old when The Gathering Storm premeired, and it had a profound effect one me, and still does. I am a huge history buff (I even have a degree in it), and have always been fascinated by Winston Churchill. The handling of the subject matter by the writers and director is fantastic. But what really makes this film so special are the incredible performances. Albert Finney and Vanessa Redgrave in particular were simply magnificent, bringing a cinematic quality to the project, and giving us impeccable portrayals of incredible historic figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment