Monday, June 10, 2013

The 3rd Annual Critics Choice Award Winners

I am still dropping my jaw over the win of Tatiana Maslany, a shocking win if there ever was won. Overall there were some great choices, my favorites including: Simon Helberg, Michael Cudlitz, Monica Potter, Kaley Cuoco, Sarah Paulson. They also balanced out Emmy contenders with personal favorites, which was nice. I will say this, I did not finish watching the ceremony, but what I did see was simply unprofessional.  The BFCA and BTJA feature some fine journalists and bloggers, many of whom I admire and read/watch/listen to on a daily basis. But both of the ceremonys this year were just a huge mess (although at least this time they did not have segments insulting the nominees), and the Uverse stream was a constant problem (buffering, commercials in the middle of awards, etc). I hope that this coming year, they work a little harder to class up their proceedings. Moving on, I will say that now it is my turn to pick my favorites as later this afternoon I will reveal my long list of contenders for the 3rd Annual Awards Psychic Television Awards. I will prepare you that a lot of the winners of last nights ceremony may play heavily on my own picks, but alas, great television is great television, period.

Best Comedy Series - The Big Bang Theory
Best Drama Series -  (TIE) Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones
Best Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston "Breaking Bad"
Best Actress in a Drama Series - Tatiana Maslany "Orphan Black"
Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Michael Cudlitz "Southland"
Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - Monica Potter "Parenthood"
Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series - Jane Fonda "The Newsroom"
Best Actor in a Comedy Series - Louis C.K. "Louie"
Best Actress in a Comedy Series - Julia Louis-Dreyfuss "Veep"
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Simon Helberg "The Big Bang Theory"
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - (TIE) Kaley Cuoco "The Big Bang Theory" and Eden Sher "The Middle"
Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series - Patton Oswalt "Parks & Recreation"
Best TV Movie/Miniseries - Behind the Candelabra
Best Actor in a TV Movie/Miniseries - Michael Douglas "Behind the Candelabra"
Best Actress in a TV Movie/Miniseries - Elisabeth Moss "Top of the Lake"
Best Supporting Actor in a TV Movie/Miniseries - Zachary Quinto "American Horror Story: Asylum"
Best Supporting Actress in a TV Movie/Miniseries -   Sarah Paulson "American Horror Story: Asylum"
Best Reality Series - (TIE) Duck Dynasty and Push Girls
Best Reality Competition/Series - The Voice
Best Reality Host - Tom Bergeron "Dancing With the Stars"
Best Talk Show - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Best Animated Series - Archer
Critics Choice Icon Award - Bob Newhart
THALO's Critics Choice Inspiration Award - Bunheads

No comments:

Post a Comment