Wednesday, September 18, 2013

2013 Emmy Predictions: Best TV Movie/Miniseries

Will Win - Behind the Candelabara

Could Win - Top of the Lake

Should Win - American Horror Story: Asylum

Commentary - Going into Sunday's Creative Arts Emmys, I was pretty sure that Behind the Candelabara was unbeatable in this top category. But when it enjoyed enough widespread support across the tech categories, winning 8 of its 9 Creative nominations, I knew for certain that the Television Academy was head over heels in love with Steven Soderbergh's Liberace biopic. Top of the Lake is still a possibility, and I personally would love to see an American Horror Story upset. But BTC was so well-reviewed, placed on a pedestal at the Cannes Film Festival, has now dominated the Creative Arts Emmys, and let's face it, its a hell of a movie. I honestly don't see anything beating it on Sunday, and if something does I will probably die of shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment