Sunday, February 1, 2015

USC Scripter Goes to Imitation Game

I was starting to feel a bit lost in the Best Adapted Screenplay race, but I now I do really think it is down to two. I expect The Imitation Game to repeat at the Oscars, as its consolation prize. I think if it was going to make a huge comeback it would have been at PGA, but it missed there, and unless BAFTA revives its hopes (I feel like The Grand Budapest Hotel is their spoiler), it looks like it is going to miss out on most of the big categories. But with eight nominations, and Harvey behind it, I don't think it comes away empty handed. This is a great place to recognize it. Who can beat it? I think American Sniper is the dark horse here. Unless it wins DGA, Sniper is probably not going to be able to muscle out a Best Picture win, but once again, I don't think it goes home empty handed. Look to here, Editing, and the Sound awards as places it can take home some gold. For the record the USC Scripter Award this year went to both Graham Moore, for the screenplay, and to author Andrew Hodges whose book, Alan Turing: The Enigma, was the basis for the film. Congrats to both! One week till DGA/BAFTA, it is about to get real. Also, stay tuned for more Grammy predictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment