Saturday, April 11, 2015

2015 MTV Movie Award Predictions: Movie of the Year

Will Win - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

Could Win - Guardians of the Galaxy, The Fault in Our Stars, or American Sniper

Should Win - Selma, Whiplash, or Boyhood

Commentary - I am not a bit confident in this prediction, especially with the expanded number of nominees. I know that the Oscar fare like Selma, Whiplash, and Boyhood are probably out, but American Sniper could be a sleeper. But I think this is a three-way race. The Fault in Our Stars is in play in a lot of categories, which makes me think that it has a real shot here. Guardians of the Galaxy is easily a front runner, and I am pretty close to moving it into first place. But until it loses one of these things, I will stick with The Hunger Games. It has a proven track record, was hugely successful, and perfectly fits into this voting body.

No comments:

Post a Comment